WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The successful candidate will be responsible for network design and operations support activities, such as developing software automation solutions for configuring and monitoring our networking devices, reducing manual tasks, and improving service delivery and reliability. The successful candidate will lead maintenance and installation of routers, switches, access points, wireless LAN controllers and third party applications hardware and software. The successful candidate will also be an expert in supporting the bank's public cloud Azure network, lead major projects and be a source of reference for other network engineers, as well as participate in an on-call rotation.
Technology & Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop, design and support SDN - Cisco ACI Datacenter network
- Develop, verify and write automation testing tools.
- Proactively identify opportunities for network operational teams to minimize or eliminate repetitive work through automation scripts.
- Integrate internally developed Python scripts and 3rd party Python libraries with automation platforms.
- Document automation processes and workflows.
- Participate in creating automation standards for configuring networking devices.
- Develop, design, and support Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (EIGRP & BGP), IPv4.
- Develop, design, and support Enterprise WIFI solutions. (Meraki)
- Build and implement diverse WAN environments.
- Build and implement QoS for a voice / video / data network environment.
- Deploy diverse WAN environments using multi-carrier solutions -- SDWAN experience a plus.
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture.
- Provide operational support services for various WAN technologies.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the team, providing high level of technical expertise.
- Plan network layouts and configure systems to user environments.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software.
- Perform network engineering and architecture duties for a distributed WAN environment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- *Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- *Minimum 8 years experience as a network engineer
- *5 years (minimum) experiencemanaging complex network environments -- More than 30 sites, 300 network equipment and redundant Data Center serving 1000+ employees