This role holds accountability for leadership of the Private Client Services team in the Overland Park, Kansas market. Participate in the acquisition and development of both talent and products/services to meet or exceed the Kansas market assigned goals and objectives. Interact with peers within Wealth Management to identify and collaborate on initiatives to strengthen FNBO as a financial services provider and as a community partner. Coordinate business development efforts with peers and with Senior Managing Director, Wealth Management.1. Sales Management: Accountable to develop and lead a team of Private Client Service professionals including sales and support to deliver a full complement of affluent services. Effectively collaborate with subject matter experts across the bank to achieve division Goals &Objectives. Drive key relationships with affluent clients to develop business and manage the customer experience.
2. Core Management: Coordinate with peers and with Senior Managing Director, Wealth Management, to develop a clear vision, strategy, and plan of action for the team, have a solid understanding of the business, influences others to create commitment and action, and make informed decisions.
Planning & Strategy –assist in developing a clear vision, strategy, and plan of action for the team based upon current and future goals (short and/or long term).
Business Acumen - Understand the business, organization, and competition; shares their knowledge with team members.
Influence - Create commitment and action from team members by effectively using logic, persuasion, inspiration, and change management techniques.
Making Decisions - Make decisions that are informed, timely, logical, and risk controlled. Analyze and take ownership of outcomes and make appropriate adjustments for the future.
3. People Management: Ensure the right person is in the right role, communicate clear expectations with measurable outcomes, coach and develop the team and hold individuals accountable.
Right Person, Right Role - Align employee strengths, skills, knowledge and abilities to ensure goals are met.
Communicate Clear Expectations with Measurable Outcomes - Develop and articulate actionable and attainable expectations/goals for team members by providing context, big picture, and defining what success looks like.
Coach and Develop - Provide feedback, coaching, and development opportunities to help employees improve their skills and behaviors to fulfill current and/or future responsibilities.
Hold Individuals Accountable - Hold team of Advisors accountable for their actions and outputs; provide recognition and/or corrective action as appropriate.
4. Advisory Service: The Private Client Advisor serves as advisor to wealth creators with sophisticated investment needs, both traditional and alternative, and high net worth clients whose needs gravitate more towards estate and succession planning. Given the complexity of the needs of the client segment, the Private Client Advisor will provide advisory services to up to 125 direct advisory clients.
5. Business Development: Meet or exceed defined asset based growth and retention, individual and unit goals and profitability objectives.
6. Cross-Referring Wealth Management Group, Wholesale Banking Group and FNBO Products and Services:
· Identifies and matches client needs with subject matter experts, existing business unit products and services.
· Acts as both referral receiver or originator depending on client need
· Partners with teammates and other internal bank specialists/resources for additional investment, fiduciary, credit and financial planning expertise to provide a full array of products and services to the client.
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Minimum 5-10 years business experience with significant portion focused on the development of affluent/ultra-affluent client base
3. Strong sales management skills and proven sales producer
4. Solid oral and written communication skills
5. Strong marketing, product development or training experience
6. Investment management experience
1. Financial planning certification or experience a plus
2. Trust / estate planning experience a plus
3. Series 6, 63, 7 licensing optional