Come join Tyler Technologies as a Lead DevOps Engineer! The Tyler Cloud Platform team is looking for DevOps Engineers to build and run the services and infrastructure that power the platform. We are hiring high quality engineers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets for positions on the cloud platform team delivering the vision of Connected Communities. The strongest candidates will have a solid operations and automation expertise and demonstrated software development experience on large scale cloud infrastructure. Our customers count on us to provide exceptional availability, scalability, and security for services and infrastructure. As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you'll be on a team of engineers whose mission it is to build and improve Tyler's most critical cloud services. Are you up to the challenge?
Support various corporate needs, both internally and externally, across the company. From Marketing to Finance to IT and Human Resources, you can work on Tyler-wide initiatives to support our employees, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.
- Architect, author, champion, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, and security of Tyler's Cloud Platform services.
- Design, build and manage systems, infrastructure and applications through automation that support self sufficiency
- Deploy, support, and monitor new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks
- Use scale testing to measure, report, tune, and optimize system performance
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor services in a large-scale Kubernetes environment.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties
- Recommend new solutions and technologies
- Collaborate with team and others to share operational best practices
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- 3+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role
- 5+ years programming experience in Python, Perl, Node, Java/Scala, or C#
- 3+ years designing and implementing, large-scale AWS production workloads
- Experience with large scale Kubernetes architectures and configuration
- Expert scripting knowledge (specifically for systems automation) with experience using PowerShell or Bash
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
- Ability to lead technical teams through design and implementation across an organization
- Previous experience working with geographically distributed coworkers.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other DevOps, Site Reliability Engineers, Software Developers, Product Managers, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Preferred Experience (but not required)
- Experienced in configuration and deployment of containers at scale in AWS EKS, ECS, and Fargate
- Experienced in configuration, management, and monitoring of DataDog
- Experienced in configuration and management of CI/CD tooling like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experienced database engineer with MySQL, specifically Aurora