DevOps (a clipped compound of “development” and “operations”) is a software engineering culture and practice that aims at unifying software development (Dev) and software operation (Ops). The main characteristic of the DevOps movement is to strongly advocate automation and monitoring at all steps of software construction, from integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management. DevOps aims at shorter development cycles, increased deployment frequency, more dependable releases, in close alignment with business objectives.
At iBASEt, the Lead DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the CI/CD of all software development is carried out smoothly while recommending best practices. She/he is the technology evangelist for all tools, frameworks and technologies to help iBASEt’s product development.
- Must have production scale Kubernetes and Docker experience (pre and post launch) (Docker Swarm. Docker Registry etc.)
- Must have experience with maintaining and building a Microservices Architecture in production using containers
- Must have experience with API gateways like Kong, Tyk, or any commercially available gateways like APIGEE, MULE- ANYPOINT GATEWAY
- Must have 2+ years of Ansible, Chef or Puppet in a production environment
- Must have 5+ years of experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines utilizing GITHUB, GITLAB, Jenkins, DroneCI, TeamCity etc. and covering both On-Premise, On-premise cloud and cloud-based installations of software
- Must have 3+ years of experience in the public cloud, such as AWS, Digital Ocean, Azure.
- Must have 7+ years of experiencescripting with bash, PowerShell, python, etc.
- Preferably 3+ years of experience in OO design and programming skills, such as, Java or Python, Ruby or C++ or Node.js
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and best practices in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong understanding of UNIX operating systems – Prefer Linux and Linux Administration, Windows is a plus
- A bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent and 7+ years of solid professional background in the DevOps practices in software development
- Comfortable in stepping out of the comfort zone to suggest, test, implement new technologies and frameworks
- Ability to independently research and suggest solutions for ongoing improvement including new frameworks and infrastructure requirements
- Ability to think big and strategically but prioritize to stay on top of tactical execution with a can-do and sense of urgency attitude.
- A passion for scaling software, ensuring high availability enjoyment of automation and demonstrate a proactive approach to detecting and resolving issues.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated by enabling other engineering teams to deliver services with relentlessly high standards through a combination of best practices and DevOps leadership – expects and encourage the same from team members.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal. The ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience.
- Agile oriented in approach to engineering and operations, including being comfortable with ambiguity in a flat organization.
- Believe in a quick improvement approach: Fail fast, learn fast, improve fast
- Responsible and accountable for establishing and maintaining the DevOps processes for the software development at iBASEt
- Understands the current in-house DevOps and build processes, makes necessary recommendations for improvements, and implements those changes
- Defines and maintains companywide DevOps best practices
- Evaluate, choose, adapt and drive the implementation of wide variety of open source technologies and tools for company’s software development
- Work directly with various development leads and managers to advocate the use of various tools and techniques for frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Ensures that the company’s DevOps process has the cybersecurity in mind – establish and maintain cybersecurity practices in the DevOps processes
- Other duties as assigned.