Position Description Overview
This position would be the DevOps lead for a large installation of a Kubernetes built 24x7x365 application running with as close to 100% uptime as we can manage.
- Capture the requirements, design and implement CI / CD solutions.
- Analyze and optimize the system- and platform performance, adaptation of the infrastructure.
- Setup a reliable monitoring which allows continuous optimization of the platform. Planning, installation and launch of web- and middleware components.
- Evaluate and develop scripts and applications to automate system deployment scaling and infrastructure. Technical support of the development department / the development in regards to questions about SDLC, the monitoring and the environment setup / configuration.
- Analysis and time driven information of problems and issues to the management. Support of test and performance optimization to increase the quality of the run-time environment / the application.
- Execution of the production deployments and adaptations of new functionality, which includes an on-call availability
Scope of Job
Team Lead abilities a major plus. Active and autonomous practice into current technology trends, the update and optimization of the environments.
Evaluate options and recommend solutions to current Automated Deployments and Automated Test frameworks. Design and enhancement of the system architecture and the security concepts.
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required), planning, consolidation and description of complex processes.
- Minimum three year of experience as a Senior Developer or Senior Systems Architect in a large scale agile environment with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Salt, or similar environment.
- Atleast 2.5 years experience with Kubernetes. Minimum 2.5 years experience with Docker.
- Mandatory three years of Linux/Unix in production systems. Helpful is two years experience with Salt.
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) as best practice in running dev-ops environments.
- Experience in the following technologies: JAVA, ELK stack, Grafana, Telegraf, Traefik etc.
- Experience in release management and different services in cloud architectures (deployment, configuration, staging, testing). Knowledge of configuration management and continuous integration tools such as Git, Jenkins, SonarQube etc.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service