Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC. Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two/top five/top ten lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads, which is almost the entire American population!
We were voted 2015, 2016 & 2017 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA. Our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, Freecell, Match & Resuce, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire. Our vision is to create most exciting game apps and have fun doing. MobilityWare has over 175 employees as of May 2018.
What We Are Looking For
Love games? Always wanted to work in the game industry? Excited about writing systems that are used by millions of people each day? We need an Engineering Manager and it could be you!
MobilityWare delights millions of players every day with our portfolio of mobile and web applications. The business builds, deploys, and maintains many services and applications to support those games. Your job will be to develop the DevOps practice within MobilityWare to supportinternal business and game teams. This is a hands-on role with a management component.
We are on the leading edge of service and DevOps technology with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and TeamCity. With a diverse suite of internal service developers and many game teams, your hands will be full.
What You'll Be Doing
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of automation and DevOps engineers
- Own CI/CD tooling
- Be knowledgeable about security best practices and implement tools and processes to protect our vital data
- Be a consultant on best-practices to service teams throughout the organization
- Establish standards and practices for DevOps
- Maintain a company-wide SLA for sites and services
- Build and maintain disaster recovery plans for services across the company
- Establish and maintain security best-practices for access and handling of data
- Consult with diverse engineering teams on development and deployment best practices
- Evangelize DevOps as a cooperative discipline
- Maintain insight into and help diverse teams manage the costs of cloud infrastructure
What You Should Have
- Prior experience as a Lead or Architect of DevOps team.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in CS, Math, or technical field
- A minimum of 5 years working in software engineering/IT
- A minimum of 3 years working in DevOps.
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire and ability to work as an internal consultant
- Expertise in all things AWS
- Experience with virtualization systems like vmWare
- Kubernetes experiencepreferred
- Strong experience in maitaining SLAs for services including metrics, monitoring, logging, alerting, disaster recovery
- Experience monitoring, maintaining, tuning database services
- Knowledge of SOA design including service partitioning, messaging, discovery, and orchestration.
- Knowledge of Agile project management principles and how it applies to software engineering practice from development to version control, code review, artifact creation, release management.
- Familiarity with open source development methodologies. Bonus points for ideas about how these techniques could be applied for internally developed tools and libraries.