Lead DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Menlo Park, CA
The JLL Digital Products team aims to bring successful technology-based products to market in a high-growth environment. The team's mission is focused on accelerating technology adoption in commercial real estate by bringing creative, innovative and technical solutions to solve large, complex problems for our clients.
The DevOps Lead is a leadership position with the Digital Products team, responsible for defining the key framework components for JLL's cloud environment as well as leading the DevOps team. This position requires interaction with the Account Leadership team, Client, Vendors, Operational, and Support staff and will be a fast paced environment consistent with handling multiple management demands.
What this job involves:
- Defining the framework components for JLL's cloud environment
- Ensuring that the infrastructure is highly scalable, reliable, and monitored
- Keeping close tabs on running costs and finding ways to optimizing these
- Hiring and retaining top DevOps talent
- Building a relationship with Cloud providers, in order to take advantage of their most appropriate technology offerings
- Collaborating with the Dev Leads to ensure that the dev team's needs are met through the CI/CD framework, component monitoring and stats, incident escalation, etc,.
- Ensuring that the production environment is rock solid and that there is a clear escalation path in case of production issues
- Keeping close tabs on the security of the production environment, especially as it relates to sensitive customer data and credentials
- Conducting security certifications of the production environment as required by the business
- Instill "infrastructure as code" mentality in the DevOps team overall
Sound like you? Before you apply it's worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Experience working at a Product company
- Deep experience with one or more public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure), GCP preferred
- Architected and implemented various components of cloud framework for enterprise class applications (B2B, B2C)
- Hands on knowledge of CI/CD, Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), Monitoring/Alerting, Security best practices, automated deployments, etc.
- Hands-on scripting in bash
- Keeps up with the everchanging DevOps landscape and makes thoughtful recommendations on the infrastructure
- 5+ years managing a team of DevOps engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen focus on optimizing cost of running infrastructure
- BS in EE or CS