JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Design, estimate, develop, document, and implement well tested solutions that satisfy the requirements of each application development request within the allocated time and budget for each request.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Create documentation when appropriate.
- Provide detailed status updates when needed.
- Log accurate information into the time-tracking system.
- Support all applications.
- Continuously learn new tools, environments and acquire new skills to maintain and enhance job performance.
- Ensure McLane Methodology is followed.
- Ensure requirements match the design specifications.
- Ensure development deliverables match the design specifications.
- Ensure test plans match the requirements.
- Ensure test results match the test plans.
- Provide high-level and detailed estimates.
- Create an appropriate test environment for the project team to work with and validate the delivered solutions.
- Create high-level and detailed developer specifications.
- Develop and test solutions using the McLane development tools in the development environment that meet the McLane standards.
- Provide the appropriate implementation documentation for installs.
- Manage and execute the system-testing process.
- Manage and execute the UAT Process.
- Support the implementation and post-implementation activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
- 4 yeardegreerequired in information technology or related field from an accredited University
- 5+ years’ successful experience developing software solutions in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to develop, test, implement and debug software using industry languages and formats such as C++, Java, XML, and Cobol.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and with other developers, business analyst as well as other I/T staff
- Must be a team player who can work on multiple assignments at one time using priorities and good judgement to achieve goals.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve project goals.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical proficiency and have a background working in the retail industry.
- Experience working with leading industry Point of Sale solutions such as Gilbarco, Verifone, and Dresser Wayne is required.
- Need to ability to see the big picture while working on lessor components of a project.
- After hours support will be required at various times
- This position will be located in Temple, TX.
- Familiarity with Consumer Loyalty programs especially how they interact with POS systems is a Plus.
- Expected Travel: less than 10%