We are currently looking for a Lead Developer for our Research and Development group in the Ft. Lauderdale, FL office.
The Lead Developer will deliver end-to-end solutions in supporting project activity and maintaining existing core business as is relates to our "Affirm" suite of products.
- Effectively analyze technical requirements.
- Provide all options and ramifications of choices.
- Plan and execute system tests and process reviews on a routine basis.
- Form complete descriptions of all specifications required.
- Take technical information and translate it to be understood by various audiences.
- Generate development scripts in accordance with company protocol.
- Control data in accordance with the organization and client’s specific security policies.
- Develop working relationships with Business Analyst, Project Manager and other project stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of their business goals and objectives.
- Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
- Process analysis and work-flow design to build efficient technical solutions.
- Assign work to team members.
- Ensure that tasks are completed by agreed to dates, adhere to internal quality standards and meets client expectations.
- Perform regular periodic assessments of Development staff and set performance standards that are clearly understood.
- Hire and train new Development members ensuring that they understand their roles and are in alignment with the company objectives.
- Actively support team members in establishing personal development plans and facilitate individual career growth.Desired Skills and Experience
- Interpersonal skills to liaison extensively with customers and internal stakeholders to identify and define development requirements and establish deadlines.
- Must have Agile software development experience.
- Communication skills to articulate business strategy and project status to the company management team, customers, and other involved stakeholders.
- Leadership skills to direct the unit staff, oversight of large-scale projects, and to motivate the development team.
- Adaptability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and activities.
- Analytical skills to efficiently comprehend requirements and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Strong programming and design skills are essential.
- Change management experience.
- Proficiency in the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Expertise with the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Command of C# and VB.NET programming languages.
- Ability to provide structure, improve processes, and drive a team to generate excellent results.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in Computer Sciences desired.
- Minimum 5 years experience with Web based development is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading a software development team.
- Minimum 3 years Agile software development experience.