As a member of the Client Applications team, this individual will be responsible for leading the technical design and implementation of firm’s Client Data Platform. This role requires a well-rounded technologist that can work with stakeholders to build consensus on vision/needs, translate those into business data models, and then materially lead high-visibility, data centric projects through technical design, construction, testing and implementation.
This multi-faceted role offers the individual the opportunity to have tremendous impact on a number of multi-channel, client reporting and data delivery initiatives. This includes conventional reporting, interactive reporting/analytics, data centric websites and client data APIs. It requires a well-rounded technologist that understands data architecture, (conventional/emerging) data technologies, and service based architectures. Additionally, a successful candidate must be hands on and able to lead a diverse team of engineers through all phases of the IT lifecycle.
Responsibilities of the individual are multi-dimensional and include the management of business stakeholders, vision, delivery, staff and technology.
- Working with stakeholders to turn challenges and ideas into solutions
- Translating complex business requirements into abstract high level (system/data) models
- Concurrently leading multiple data-centric outcomes through the Development Lifecycle
- Directing a dynamic team of experienced engineers (on/off-site)
- Personally author system designs along with direct implementation of supporting proofs
- Ensure quality by conducting technical reviews of designs and source code from team members
- Responsible for ensuring end to end stability of all online client data marts and data services
- Partner with Client IT contacts to best integrate Wellington data directly within our client’s system
- Leverage the strength and success of the current team to implement and sustain a “best in class” platform for our Client Data Mart and Data Services. Ensure that it is strategic, reliable, efficient to support, and remains a team that top tier talent wants to be part of
- Facilitate identification of needs broadly shared across business units. Demonstrate the ability to clearly highlight potential high value add opportunities
- Assist business governance structures in prioritizing these needs by providing cost-benefit insights.
- Strengthen bench of individuals who combine strong investment and technology expertise. Facilitate the group’s ability to remain current with industry trends
- Establish a framework for leveraging the expertise and resources of external partners (partner investment firms, professional service / product / market data vendors)
- Identify high potential individuals and focus effort on developing them through training and stretch assignments
- Refine estimation, planning, development / integration, testing and deployment processes
This role requires strong skills in the areas of investment process expertise, client management, strategy development, technology, and staff development.
- Ten years of experience in delivering technology solutions, at least five of those in the Asset Management industry
- Strong understanding of investment data and client reporting
- Expert in designing and implementing enterprise scale datamarts
- Proven track record in defining and developing robust Service Oriented Architectures
- Very strong understanding of Amazon Cloud Technologies and Software-As-A Service Integrations (Aurora, SQS, Dynamo, Elasticsearch, S3, EC2, Lambda, etc…)
- Expert knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and data modeling
- Solid experience in Oracle DatabaseTechnologies and AWS Aurora/MySQL
- Working experience in Big Data platforms such as Spark or Hive preferably in a cloud setup.
- Ability to build data centric solutions using Java stack. Should have experience in Java development.
- Solid Experience with Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- Hands on current or past experience in at least one ETL tool (Datastage, Talend etc.)
- Experience in Elasticsearch, DynamoDB and S3 based data solutions using unstructured data (JSON)
- Experience in database query tuning and system performance optimizations
- Expert in implementing service based data providers with detailed understanding about versioning and data security
- Familiarity with modern java script frameworks like Angular & React
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining an Agile Delivery Model
- Strong fundamental planning and project management skills
- Broad understanding of current technologies with ability to review merits of proposed architectures and validity of effort estimates
- Ability to think, communicate and act strategically. Ability to back up strategic thinking with reliable delivery
- Strong leadership and change management capabilities
- Experience with global delivery and support
- Keen intellect, strong communication skills and collaborative instincts
- Strong judgment and integrity
- Innovative, resourceful and risk tolerant
- Experience analyzing and resolving system issues related to performance and scalability