Lead Developer - Integration Technologies
The Technical Lead - Software Development is accountable for leading projects through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
- Writes code according to accepted standards based on user requirements, which are included in the delivery of the application solution, to meet the business needs.
- Leads in the planning, estimating, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application. The resulting artifacts will be used to better understand, communicate, and provide specifications during the coding and Quality Assurance activities
- Leads/participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate, to provide a developer’s perspective in the meetings and to contribute to the timely delivery, design, and quality of various work artifacts adhering to standards
- Provides coaching and guidance to team members and/or may act as a team/project lead in order to foster professional development of the Application Software Development staff. This helps improve overall effectiveness by sharing and adopting best practices and lessons learned, while minimizing risk
- Leads process and application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Liaises with third party vendors, when appropriate, to ensure that the integration of third party products and existing applications and systems is practical and feasible given the underlining technologies
- Leads/participates in software development Process Action Teams and contributes to the continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes for the overall effectiveness of the development
- Knowledge and experience with existing integration technologies such as REST, SOAP and messaging is must.
- Any knowledge on new integration technologies such as webhooks is an asset.
- Previous .NET and/or Java development experience in a support/maintenance role
- Possesses expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes.
- Production support & Vendor product integration
- Experience in both J2EE, Web and Microsoft .NET technologies and platforms is an asset
- Experience in database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server is an asset.
- Experience in Agile Methodology and related tools and technologies is an asset.
- Experience in migrating from older legacy platform is an asset
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements and software development control and release procedures
- Strong Experience with SQL, Stored Procedures, Database Development, Reporting Queries
- Exposure to Oracle and MS SQL Server environment from a development as well as production/maintenance/support side
- Possesses solid analytical skills for complex problem solving. Is able to manage multiple priorities.
- Several years of proven success as a technical team leader
- Is able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications.
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills.
- Experience in working effectively with different technology and business teams.
- Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses expert understanding of relevant technologies.
- Demonstrates solid leadership skills and independence
- A solid background in applications programming
- Microsoft and Unix/Linux environment and development experience and/or working knowledge
- Experience with integration technologies(REST , SOAP, Messaging)
- Working knowledge of Java/C# and Workflows
- Microsoft .NET framework development and related technologies
- Scripting technologies (client and server side such as Angular JS)
- Websphere/J2EE development and infrastructure knowledge
- MS SQL Server experience including stored procedure development and troubleshooting
- Agile methodology experience