Tracking Code 178704-846Job Description
This position is responsible for the designing, building and maintaining of product manufacturing fixtures for aftermarket (A/M) exhaust systems. Maintains accurate records, files and data on products in various A/M lines. Works closely with A/M product engineering to new product development and engineering changes to existing products. This position includes the supervision responsibilities for the fixture design department and fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs conceptual layouts of aftermarket welding fixtures for Walker products.
- Works with manufacturing personnel to clarify or facilitate introduction of new design to manufacturing.
- Uses existing standards to generate fixture drawings that enable manufacture of desired product. Products range from simple components to complex welded assemblies.
- Works directly with product engineers to create and develop manufacturing fixtures for new and existing products.
- Maintains all required records of design activity to assure accurate and detailed engineering record of designs and releases.
- Participates on CAD Process Team responsible for maintaining and improving the use of the A/M CAD system. Also participates in internal process improvement activities.
- In the course of business, other duties or responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years engineering related experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Experience in Tool Design and Tool Room Maintenance
- Must possess Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills (CREO preferred)
- Ability to lift 25 pounds frequently
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret common scientific and technical journals, reports, and design specifications
- Experience creating fixture models and develop sheet drawings with correct orientations for manufacturing fixtures
- Ability to apply, use, and understand software related to Pipe Calculations (3-D Spatial rotations)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret complex drawings and translate them into Walker Design Standards