We are the global test and automation specialists, powering next-generation technologies through sophisticated solutions. Behind every electronic device you use, Teradyne's test technology ensures your device works right the first time, every time! Our portfolio of automation solutions help manufacturers to develop and deliver products quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Together, Teradyne companies deliver manufacturing automation across industries and applications around the world!.
Organization & Role
In this role you will lead the advanced packaging lead design engineer in Teradyne’s Silicon Technology Engineering group. As the lead design engineer, you will drive advanced packaging efforts that will enable further differentiation in our instrument products. Your initial efforts will be focused on the RF instrument product line, where numerous advanced packaging opportunities exist ranging from 1-86GHz.
- Work closely with design and product leaders, and leverage existing deep internal technical expertise as needed to realize the advanced packaged building blocks that will enable a new generation of differentiated RF instrumentation.
- Broad advanced packaging background will enable you to define and standardize our advanced packaging design flow, including identifying key tools and working with external suppliers and internal functions to determine efficient processes to support emerging widespread advanced packaging efforts across Teradyne’s instrumentation product lines.
- This position requires someone comfortable with the many aspects of advanced packaging for RF systems, and who enjoys the challenge of leading integration driven innovations across geographically disperse teams in pursuit of the world’s best RF test equipment.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Must have >5 years’ experience technically leading advanced packaging at RF frequencies, with demonstrated product successes and including hands-on PCB or MCM/SiP substrate design, layout, and simulation.
- Must be familiar with high frequency EDA tools including finite element electromagnetic fields solvers, circuit simulation, and layout (HFSS, ADS, Cadence, etc)
- Must have experience with advanced packaging reliability, modeling and testing
- Must have experience in signal and power integrity in package design
- Ideally has a broad range of experiences across the build to spec through build to print continuum
- Ideally has advanced packaging design experience at mmwave
- Ideally has experience with die stacking, HBM, and CoWoS or similar
- A thorough understanding of semiconductor physics and various semiconductor processes is a plus
- Prior ATE experience is a plus
- Prior management experience is a plus
- Team player with strong human relations skills, able to motivate development teams to deliver best in class results
- <BS, MS, PhD or equivalent> in electrical engineering or related field from a university or engineering institution
- Minimum of <see below> years of practical hardware development experience