Lead DBA/ Data Systems Architect
The Senior DBA will support in the design of strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security in a SaaS product, assist in the design and construction of large relational databases, integrating new systems with existing applications and product and refine system performance and functionality.
- Database Design and Implementation
- Collaborate with software architects, design analysts, software engineers and testers to understand product requirements.
- Design databases and database applications to support products, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Scope development and implementation work based on requirements, suggest possible database solutions, identify components and tasks, provide estimates.
- Develop high-performing, scalable solutions including schema design, storage engines, indexing strategies, SQL tuning, ETL processes and Stored Procedures.
- Design interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access to the database.
- Develop data models for applications, metadata tables and supporting database structures (stored procedures, views, triggers, queries)
- Develop and document databasearchitectures, schemas, physical structure, functional capability, security, back-up and recovery specifications.
- Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
- Design tables and integration patterns that meet the business requirements in collaboration with the Application Architect.
- Database Operations and Support
- Demonstrate database technical functionality, such as performance, security and reliability.
- Provide technical support to other staff members and customers.
- Mentor/Train junior staff.
- Assess and maintain data integrity.
- Troubleshoot problems and faults and provide additional support for the team.
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
- Set up database clusters, backup, or recovery processes.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desireddatabase performance.
- Monitor and report systems resource consumption trends to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled appropriately.
- Create and enforce database development standards.
- Produce and contribute to the product backlog and specifications for internal and external audiences.
- Advise, recommend and manage the introduction of new databasetechnology and practices.
- Ensure operational issues are considered and planned for new product, releases or versions roll-out.
- Provide technical direction on projects and expertise in metadata publishingtechnologies and specialist knowledge in databasearchitecture.
- At least 5+ years of experience as senior/lead DBA/developer with design responsibilities in a large and challenging database environment.
- Database administration with knowledge about High Availability, Load Balancing and Distributed Computing required.
- Extensive knowledge of RDBMS (Oracle), Cloud Databases (RDS), NoSql type databases, PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of DatabaseArchitecture concepts essential.
- Experience and knowledge with data governance and metadata organization desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) and cloud environments in general desirable.
- Experience with Big Data/NoSQL would be a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field highly desirable.