The Lead Application Developer will plan, develop, test, and document systems and applications applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Evaluates user requests for new or modified application systems, such as for financial or human resource management system, call center and online banking applications, statistical analysis of customer data relative to analytical modeling, or analyzing and developing specifications for mobile technologies. Determine feasibility, cost, and time required, compatibility with current system and future development applications.
- Strong DataPower development knowledge and some IIB development knowledge. Ability to design and develop new service solutions for the PSCU “Digital Gateway” platform and SDLC processes.
- Ability to support the PSCU Middleware Legacy services. Strong Java EJB code skills, Development knowledge with OpenText (Metastorm) Integration Manager, some knowledge of the Jboss application server. Ability to learn PSCU workflows.
- Ability to support and lead others to develop API services utilizing onshore and offshore teams. Champion new development and code releases.
- Ability to design and develop REST API’s using IBM Integration Broker or IBM Data Power. API-Connect development experience is helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both verbal and written formats to a technical and business audience.
- Ability to analyze systems and detailed data to develop application systems to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to deliver and deploy solutions, ensuring that they are on time, within budget and to the required standard.
- Ability to lead/collaborate with other programmers, analysts, and business stakeholders.
- Ability to follow, enhance, and produce application standards relating to project and process methodologies, and applications development best practices.
- Ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to senior management regarding proposed IT solutions.
- Determine resource requirements (skill sets and project roles of team member when appropriate) based on project requirements, timeframes and budget.
- Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade application systems.
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and connectivity problems, including user access and configuration.
- Knowledge of computer governance, security, and regulatory procedures and protocol.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Work as a team member (or lead) with other technical and/or business staff (onsite and offshore) to ensure successful development, deployment, connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Minimum seven (7) years programming experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years program/systems analysis experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years programming language work experience in an object-oriented programming language required.
- Programming language work experience in Java, .Net, C/C++/C#, or other Object Oriented Programming languages in a Windows / Server based environment required.
- Minimum two (2) years Web Based Server development experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years relational database experience required, preferably with ORACLE 11G and SQL Server required. Database design experience preferred.