Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.
· General Experience: Must have five (5) years of computer experience in information systems design.
· Specialized Experience: At least three (3) years of experience as an application programmer on large-scale DBMS, knowledge of computer equipment, and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
· Experience working as an Database Specialist in an Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 development project environment
· Active Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in SQL Server 2012
· Troubleshooting (actual problem resolution may be under non-recurring duties below)
· Applications programming
· Database maintenance
· User support
· Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 technical services to MHEC IT project team
· Replication of Oracle reports in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (see Attachments 18-20 for a list of MHEC reports to be replicated and two sample reports)
· Post-secondary dashboard development to support SLDS Project 2.8, “Develop Reporting on Postsecondary Distance Education”
· Activity reporting as requested by the Manager
· Other duties as assigned by the Manager
· Responsible for developing new reports and system enhancements as requested.