Lead Data Visualization Data Scientist
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we were a small startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and relational databases -- cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and that little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
On the Enterprise Modeling Risk Team, you’ll be part of a group applying existing techniques to new challenges related to using machine learning in an enterprise environment. Our small team has an outsized impact because we focus not just on solving tough customer-facing issues or machine learning challenges, but on building reusable components, like shared software libraries, training modules, and enabling tools and platforms.
As a Lead Data Visualization Data Scientist on our team, you’ll have an opportunity to leverage the latest visualization frameworks, libraries, tools and techniques to bring new levels of insights to our Model Developers, Executives and 2nd and 3rd lines of defense.
On any given day you’ll be:
- Developing a meaningful, extensible design language that succinctly communicates complex interactions and experiences
- Building static, dynamic, or interactive visualizations and data-driven products that communicate the patterns of machine learning dependencies
- Building a working knowledge of a domain and abstracting the relevant tasks, and encoding information in appropriate visual forms
- Building visual representations that help people carry out analytic and decision-making tasks more effectively
- Exploring and evaluating the next generation of tools and techniques that help us move faster, tell richer stories, and make complex things a bit simpler
- Leading our analysts into the new wave of visualization technologies by sharing and building inspirational examples
- Sharing demos of your latest work with executives, peers, and curious onlookers inside and outside Capital One
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it’s still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest folks you’ve ever met, who see the customer first, show utmost respect toward one another, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You probably have an incredible list of credentials and an impressive GPA, or perhaps you dropped out of college, taught yourself and are an open source contributor.
- Experimenter. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you’ve shipped and what’s flopped.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
- Master’s Degree plus 4 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 3 years’ experience contributing to statistical visualization libraries
- At least 3 years’ experienceworking with data streams
- 4+ years’ experience in open source programming languages appropriate for large scale visualization of numerical and textual data
- 4+ years’ experience contributing to statistical visualization libraries
- 4+ years’ experienceworking with data streams
Job ID R49583