As a Lead Data Scientist, you will play a lead role on a team of cross-functional partners and analytics professionals to identify, scope, suggest new opportunities, and execute high-impact analytics projects.
You will employ advanced data modeling and operations research techniques to prescribe actionable recommendations to drive value for Nike.
The role is perfect for a team player with strong hands-on analytics experience, drive, and curiosity. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think outside the box and solve problems creatively.
Your experience helps you prioritize and overcome blockers and guide the work of others on your team. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
- Advanced quantitativedegree (Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field) and at least 5 years of related industry experience or Bachelors degree and 7-12 years related industry experience. Supply chain planning and operations, E-commerce and store retailexperiencepreferred.
- Demonstrated strong technical, analytical skill set to work with analytics toolkit (R, Python, SQL, Alteryx, AIMMS, Gurobi/CPLEX, AnyLogic, Hadoop, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SAS, Tableau, scheduling tools) on large data sets
- Experience building and maintaining predictive and/or prescriptive models in production at enterprise scale
- Experience developing and running simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning tools to support decision making
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to develop innovative solutions using advanced analytics
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of experiment design & analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentation
- Familiarity with agile development methodology
- Utilizes appropriate quality checks to ensure the results are sound