Lead Data Scientist - Marketing Focus
Responsible for providing measurement of all marketing programs across multiple channels. Conducts analysis with a focus on machine learning, experimental design, assessment, execution, measurement of current programs, evaluation of proposed programs, behavioral analysis, data mining, customer segmentation, predictive modeling, site selection, performance management, and other relevant statistical analyses.
- Focuses on data driven decision making. Responsible for working with the web, media offline and online, email, search, program, advertising, product, insights and technology teams to develop optimal plans based on measurement.
- Conducts data analysis in support of a variety of analytical solutions. Captures, develops, and documents data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements. Creates and produces forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. Interprets data, analyzes results, and provides insight.
- Improves the effectiveness of marketing, including (but not limited to) media (traditional and online), email and custom web experiences by harnessing the power of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data,) and advanced analytics. Leverage multi touch attribution and media mix modeling to maximize return on ad spend.
- Develops testing, targeting and measurement roadmap, and monitor contact strategy, channel and media partner overlap.
- Conducts custom analyses using data attributes and business knowledge to develop audience based media testing and targeting strategy.
- Leads the execution of the latest marketingtechnology and ad technology platforms by defining online/offline data captures, integration and audience development.
Master's degree in Business, IT or Management Preferred: MBA; PMP
- 5years of business and/or consulting experience.
- 5years of project management experience.
- Program management experience leading very large, mission-critical programs that involve significant business change.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience leading large teams in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience developing and managing program budgets.
- Strong knowledge of business case development including cost/benefit analysis, NPV, current and future state assessments.
- Experience with short-term and long-range strategic planning and budgeting.
- Experience developing and negotiating partnerships with external vendors/suppliers.
- Experience managing vendor agreements and tracking service levels.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Superior supervisory and matrix management skills and ability to oversee tasks delegated to others. PreferredQualifications
- Experience in Big 4 consulting environment
- 4-6years of experience that includes short-term and long-range strategic planning.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience in digital analytics. Hands on experience creating insights from using digital data
- Experience with R, Python, SAS or SQL
- Experience in predictive modeling, offline attribution, media mix modeling and multi touch attribution.
- Experience in optimizing digital media campaigns (search, display, email, affiliate) or site optimization using site analytics tools
- Significant experience executing solutions within digital media analytics (ex. site analytics, search, display, mobile)