LendingPoint believes that everyone deserves to feel the power of possibilities. With our patented algorithms and technologies, we are creating a new category of fintech offerings. Starting with our ability to create and offer customized personal loans, we are making it easier for consumers to build their financial potential. Forward-thinking merchants appreciate our advanced lending solutions and use our technology to offer installment loans at the point of sale. And our powerful technology has attracted partners like eBay who want to offer the best financial opportunities to their community of business owners.
If you are looking to be part of an experienced team in a vibrant and rapidly growing industry, then keep reading. LendingPoint is an excellent and exciting career choice.
What’s In It For You?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package That Includes: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k) match, Paid Holidays, and more!
- Team Oriented Fast-Paced Fun Environment
- Dedicated and experienced Management Team
- On-going training and investment in our employees
What You’ll Do Day to Day:
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist who shares our vision of building sophisticated risk models to advance financial inclusion and access to responsible credit. In this role you will develop best-in-class credit risk, fraud, income verification, and marketing response models. The desired candidate will have a strong data science background, statistical expertise, machine learning knowledge, and a passion for solving problems in innovative ways to drive business results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build industry-leading credit, fraud, and pricing models to drive real-time lending decisions for hundreds of thousands of borrowers every month.
- Leverage advanced machine learning techniques and complex data sources such as credit bureau information, and alternative data sources, at large scale to build sophisticated credit and fraud models.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to deploy models into production environment.
- Evaluate new statistical and modeling approaches and alternate data sources to drive better credit decisions.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Optimize complex SQL programs for speed and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field (e.g., Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, etc.). Master’s / PhD degree preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in fintech or financial services applying advanced statistical and machine learning predictive techniques.
- Expert knowledge in statistical programming languages such as Python, R, and database languages such as SQL
- Knowledge of advanced statistical modeling, testing, data mining, ETL, and data science techniques.
- Experience using GCP and/or Hadoop systems for distributed analytics and data processing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.