GoHealth is looking for a Lead Data Scientist who will be responsible for leading GoHealth's initiatives in the areas of advanced analytics, business intelligence, algorithm development and optimization, and machine learning. The Lead Data Scientist is expected to work with the Data Science, Data Engineering, and various teams and use data sets to find opportunities for improving GoHealth's software products and business processes.
- Live the GoHealth Culture and ensure it is represented within the team.
- Lead quantitative analyses with product management, business stakeholders, and data engineers in identifying and solving business problems.
- Present analytical information in front of large group of business users.
- Find innovative ways to combine data that do not naturally mesh together.
- Stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices for data science and analytics; and successfully introduce technology and process changes across the organization.
- Drive the collaboration around actual performance and forecasts to directly impact business decisions and actions.
- Continually find ways to improve how the team operates and delivers results that align with GoHealth's objectives.
- Mentor, guide, and develop Data Scientists within the team.
- Master's or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- At least 5 years of experience demonstrating trajectory of professional growth in business intelligence.
- Experience in leading and delivering projects with other Data Scientists.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong knowledge and experience in using machine learning techniques such as regression and classification analyses, clustering, neural networks, etc.
- Proven focus on results while leveraging both technical and analytical skills.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of various machine learning techniques and statistical algorithms.
- Proficient in R or Python in manipulating data and drawing insights from data sets.
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to evolving business and technical environments.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and learn new skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex processes to individuals of varying technical abilities
- Knowledge of version control systems using Git, Bitbucket, SVN, or Team Foundation.
- Experience in software engineering practices is preferred.