About the Role
You will be working as part of the Marketplace Dynamics Data Science team focusing on Pricing algorithms at Uber Freight. Your work will expand our ability to price in sparse markets, and strengthen UF's ability to do better than market rates in dense markets. You will work on developing models that will incorporate internal cost data, real-time supply signals, fuel-costs, shipper feedback on rates, and price signals from various product offerings. You will explore various statistical techniques and own models development that relies on internal data across Freight areas.
What You'll Do
- Bring strong technical expertise to help drive profitability at Uber Freight
- Drive innovation, generate and validate new data, tactics and product ideas that maximize our business impact
- Be creative - relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team to generate enthusiasm
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Mentor team members and provide technical guidance
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results.
- 6+ years of experience in Machine Learning or Data Science
- Master in field including Statistics courses (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics)
- Experience in developing Marketplace, Bayesian, or forecasting models
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to work with business leadership.
- Strong experience with programming in R/Python and SQL.
- Experience in building Algorithms from scratch and take it to production in a scalable way
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics
- PhD degree, especially in Statistics
- Rock-star-like ability to communicate insights from complex "black-box" models to C-level and working level peers, and the ability to defend algorithm choices to industry experts
- Strong adherence to metrics driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
- Experience in developing ricing or spatio-temporal algorithms
- Good knowledge of designing and implementing marketplace experimentation techniques.
- Experience presenting at industry recognized ML conferences as well as being published in the field.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.