Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with administrative leaders, clinicians and IT specialists to support data strategy and execution for research and clinical projects.
- Lead decision support data science team in developing high quality, robust and reliable algorithms for real time monitoring and decision support tools.
- Plan, resource, strategize and manage clinical decision support projects
- Query and analyze large datasets from multiple systems
- Evaluate different methodologies and data sources for the best approach to solve data science problems
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms for predictive models
- Design and implement pilots for validation and optimization of models in real time
- Strategize and manage moving decision support tools into production environment
- Plan, resource and manage optimization and maintenance of predictive models in production
- Produce technical documentation to clearly define and explain different phases of decision support projects
- Produce data visualizations and presentations to present the progress and results of the decision support projects to leadership and end users, as well as external conferences and meetings
- Prepare scientific manuscripts, posters and abstracts for publication in journals and conferences
- Lead mentorship activities, training, and professional growth development for the Clinical Data Science team.
- Lead sessions and meetings to drive analytics roadmap and long-term strategy to develop health learning system.
- Lead the clinical data science team and inspire innovative thinking in the analytics space and advise on current project work.
- Recruit, motivate and develop members of the data science team
- Develop best practices for scoping, building, validating and monitoring data science projects.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Master’s in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, physics or related field
- 8+ years of experience with data analytics within industry, developing and successfully implementing statistical and machine learning models for data mining, classification, prediction and decision support.
- 3+ years of experience with decision trees
- Strong leadership skills with 2+ years of experience leading a technical team
- 2+ years of industry experience