As a lead BIE for Kindle Newsstand, you will take a leadership role in driving positive transformation in a market that is experiencing significant change. You will analyze large amounts of business data, discover and solve real world problems, and develop metrics and business cases that will enable us to continually delight Kindle customers worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly analytical, and intensely detailed with a strong customer focus and perspective to drive strategy in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
· Analytics thought leadership
· Collaborate with product management, finance, vendor management and data engineers as a leader of quantitative analysis
· Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will shape the Newsstand business and the features we offer to readers.
· Suggest and build new metrics, measures and analyses that enables better perspective on business.
· Use Amazon’s data resources to analyze and solve business problems, then step back to understand the broader context.
· Develop cohort analyses, segmentation, trend and correlation analyses across multiple programs. Identify high value analyses that could help in driving better insights.
· Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level analytics to key-stakeholders and executives;
· Create and dynamically update forecasts and design effective visualizations to convey actual performance and any deltas from forecast;
· Drive the collaboration around actual performance and forecasts to directly impact business decisions and actions.
· 5+ years of experience demonstrating trajectory of professional growth in business analytics/business intelligence
· Experience with SQL (Oracle), Excel, and Access
· Experience with R/SAS or any statistical package
· Experience leading complex analysis projects
· Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Management is strongly preferred
· Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Management is strongly preferred
· Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
· Clear, effective and persuasive communication skills
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
· Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
· Previous experience in business driven analytics, budget, forecast, and/or financial analysis
· Interest in technology and how it impacts the future of periodicals
· Demonstrated experience translating analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
Job ID: 616690