Job ID: BUS0001FV
Description: JOIN US AS A LEAD DATA SCIENTIST – AD TECH /MARKETINGTarget is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to help answer business questions in an ongoing, reliable way while leading both research and team of world-class data experts. Specifically, our team works on using real-time, nationwide Target data to understand and predict omnichannel guest behavior for a proprietary new ad tech product/service. We’re in the early stages of implementing known solutions and discovering new solutions while looking for a data scientist to take a hands-on role to help us implement and scale as an expert on the Target team in Sunnyvale. In this role you will:
- Find data science solutions to problems that venture into uncharted territory: we haven’t seen people trying to solve some of the problems we’re looking at!
- Implement data science solutions to problems with known solutions: we do have to solve some important problems that other people have found important too.
- Keep up-to-date with the state of the art advancements in similar problems: we want you to be our technical expert.
- Act as a seasoned data scientist who can help others on the team plan their research and implementation.
- Ramp up as a technical lead as the product grows and scales.
- Learn about Target’s existing business. This is a role where business context is critical.
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics, Advanced Statistics, Physics, Bio Statistics, Bio Science, Operations Research, Econometrics and/or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience deploying algorithms and writing production level code
- Experience designing algorithms on Hadoop ecosystem
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Solid understanding of statistical modeling and Machine Learning
- Proficiency in data analytics languages such as SQL, R and Python
- Strong communication skills to explain the models to a non-technical audience
- PhD in Mathematics, Advanced Statistics, Physics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Has experience with digitalmarketing data analytics (online advertising or web analytics)
- Extensive experience as technical lead on large scale/complex models