At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
We’re looking for a Lead Data Platform Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Platform team. The data platform is at the heart of Texas Capital Bank’s data strategy and its consumers expect the data to be accurate and accessible, We are looking for someone who is never satisfied with the data platforms reliability and is hungry to measure and optimize. The Data Platform Team is constantly building services that allow their colleagues to be more productive without being in their way.
- Works with Data Governance, Data Delivery teams to receive requirements for the data platform.
- Champions and drives the implementation of capabilities that power the platform and people.
- Works with Architecture, Security and Operations Teams to build and maintain a reliable platform that leverages Engineering Best Practices.
- Eliminates Toil for maintaining the Platform by writing automation to build the platform, monitor the operations and validate the platform is performing as expected.
- Establishes and Measures Service Level Objectives (SLO) and Error Budgets for the platform that will be used as input to the priority of the team (Reliability vs New Features).
- Reviews capacity and costs of the platform with stakeholders and scales the platform accordingly that still meets
- Tests different disaster scenarios with the team to ensure the platform is ready.
- Partners with and offers input to other Engineering Squads as needed as part of the DevSecOps Guild to help grow the Engineering Best Practices in other areas.
- Regularly maintain Service Now CMDB and Knowledge Base as needed
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ. Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience Automating various non-functional requirements that has eliminated toil for an application at scale.
- 2+ years of experience with Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps concepts and experience working on tools (e.g. Azure DevOps/Jenkins/Gitlab-CI, Git and Gitflow).
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Knowledge about data transformation and pipelines (ETL/ELT) and experience in pipeline design and scheduling (e.g. Airflow/Azure Data Factory/AWS Data Pipelines).
- Ability to work successfully in an Agile Squad environment remotely using various tools (Jira/Azure DevOps, Microsoft Teams, Office 365).
Additional skills considered in applications:
- Banking and/or financial services experience desired, but not required
- Detailed-oriented with a proven history as a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Outstanding organizational and effective time management skills
- Ability to obtain, analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills