As a Lead Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our Data Engineers support critical business logic across a suite of robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
The Lead Platform Engineer is a technology focused role for a hands-on coder who will have broad impact on the team and the engineering department. It is not a manager or a team lead role. Strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in a candidate.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding and who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Several years professional experience with dynamic and/or compiled programming languages (we use Go and Python)
- Very strong proficiency with relational databases, including ER modeling and performance optimization (we use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Professional experience using messaging queues and streaming technologies
- Expert level experience building ETL jobs and data pipelines using one or more of the following: Spark, Kafka, SNS, SQS, NATS.io, Elasticsearch, Airflow, Pachyderm
- SaaS models and cloud services preferably AWS
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office