Experienced database engineer to work with a data science team analyzing by transforming data into a format that can be easily analyzed. This will be done by developing, maintaining, and testing infrastructures for data generation, data standardization, and database scoring. Data engineer will work closely with the analytics team and are largely in charge of architecting solutions for the analytics team that enable them to do their jobs. This role will need to interact with IT and business users to understand requirements and produce solutions that deliver value to the business.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Join the global customer data team in building data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners.
- Prepare, clean, format analytical datasets for processing and analysis.
- Become an expert in our datasets, their strengths and weaknesses and write code to pull and verify data.
- Conduct database feature engineering to support ongoing quantitative research.
- Work with developers to create and deploy systems for anomaly detection.
- Interface with data scientists, software developers, and other analytics operations staff as needed.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for questions about data structures, definitions, and quality.
- Work directly with Product and Systems Owners to deliver data products in a collaborative environment.
- Design department-wide principles and workflow for data quality management.
- A Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience developing in SQL.
- 5+ years of experience with data profiling, data modeling, and data pipeline development.
- 2+ years of experience developing in R and/or Python (or a similar statistical programming language), including experience with data manipulation and visualization in that language.
- Ability to write succinct code with optimal performance and simplicity.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong skills on Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Prior experience working with projects using onshore/offshore system integration partners.
- Prior experience with systems and data that are typically used by retail, wholesale, or eCommerce businesses that design, market, and distribute fashion.
- Knowledge of Big Data Solutions.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and Redshift.
- Experience with data modeling to support business intelligence tools (Microstrategy/Qlikview).