About the Position
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will be working as a member of our Data Engineering team to jointly design and implement highly available data services and pipelines. This is an ideal job if you have proven experience as a technical leader and have delivered and managed production systems based big data solutions.
If you are an engineer passionate for technology who wants to be part of an intensely skilled team, values total ownership of your work, and can’t imagine a day without coding, we want to speak to you! We're looking for a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys both design as well as working hands-on with the code.
- Design and develop data services, as part of an agile/scrum team
- Apply best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions.
- Design and develop stream and batch processing data pipelines
- Work with product managers and other engineers to implement and document complex and evolving requirements
- Mentor and train fellow engineers
Required Skills and Experience
- Expertise in Java and in-depth knowledge of the JVM
- Expertise in Apache Spark or similar technologies
- Expertise in Apache Kafka or similar technologies
- Expertise in relational DB table design, implementation, and tuning (pl/SQL, ETL, etc)
- Expertise in enterprise integration patterns and workflow management
- Experience with Lambda and Kappa architectures.
- Experience and practical knowledge of OOP design patterns
- Distributed System Development for large-scale applications
- Experience with developing REST web services (Spring MVC, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Strong attention to detail, good work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and good communication skills
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience working on a SAAS Product in a commercial environment
- Experience in digital media, online advertising, or reporting/analytical applications
- Experience with peta-byte scale data warehousing is a strong plus
- Technical Bachelor’s Degreerequired, g. Comp Sci, Engineering, Math