Lead Data Engineer
At Healthgrades, our team works to provide an ecosystem that provides trusted information that helps consumers and healthcare providers make meaningful connections and gives people the confidence to make the right healthcare decisions. Each month over 1 million unique people visit Healthgrades.com to find a doctor for themselves or a loved one, ensuring they are making the right healthcare choices for their family.
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will join the team responsible for the data platform at the heart of our efforts to bring patients, doctors, hospitals and other stakeholders together to create a prime destination for health care needs. In your role, you will implement database technologies and development processes to support ground up database development for a Data Platform that is changing the game.
You will collaborate with cross-functional database and product development teams using Agile / Scrum / Kanban, Linux, Oracle, Greenplum and Open Source technology. If you are interested in growing your expertise in data technologies while innovating our engineering capabilities, this will be an exciting opportunity for you.
- Oversee day-to-day operational matters, provide training and manage performance related to company and individual OKRs.
- Guide and mentor delivery teams in all aspects of data integration
- Oversee and manage complex development projects including plans, designs, technical leadership, schedules, and resource allocation while also being a hands-on engineer.
- Identify and implement process improvements based on project results, client feedback, and new technologies.
- Communicate project plans, status updates, issues, milestones, risks, and deliverables to all stakeholders. Manage project budget and allocate time and expenses to allow for ROI analysis.
- Create and maintain automated ETL processes with special focus on data flow, error recovery, and exception handling and reporting
- Build and maintain data pipelines in Python
- Design of specialized data structures for the purpose of data consumption by a CRM designed for health systems
- Load, process and migrate incoming data feeds and create outgoing data extracts
- Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications
- Strong RDBMS, Linux, Oracle, and Python skills.
- Proven experience building and maintaining database structures, ETL processes, stored procedures, auditreports, data extracts to meet project objectives.
- Perform Unit Tests and internal QA checks to insure high quality deliverables.
- Proficiency with database technologies, programming languages, Agile methodologies, and project management tools
- Ability to set priorities, manage time, and influence others to complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly and allocate resources to changing priorities
- Good collaboration and idea sharing in team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a strong attention to detail.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of ETL and data architecture management.
- Data modeling and corporate-level data management experience.
- Lead technical analysis and integration activities for new, external source data.
- Experience with Automic, ElasticSearch, Spark, Streamsets, Kafka, Python, AWS, and Scala is a plus