Job ID: BUS0001HS
Lead Data Engineer
Target is looking for an experienced engineer to work on build and deployment infrastructure for internal services at Target. Our supply chain optimization system is being re-written from the ground up and has data-intensive components and services that need to scale and operate robustly. We do not require domain expertise in supply chain optimization as that is a domain you can learn in role. The current team brings deep expertise on the subject and we prioritize both teaching and learning within the team.
- Work on tooling and infrastructure to promote productivity in the team
- Work with both data scientists and operations to get systems up and running
- Develop systems that allow for rapid deploy cycles and experimentation
- Build out the future of Target’s supply chain optimization
- Experience designing, deploying, and scaling production services
- Strong understanding of computer systems: distributed systems, cluster computing, operating systems, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for monitoring, logging, alerting, security
- Nix experience
- Experience with cluster schedulers and associated systems such as Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos, Consul, Vault, Kafka, etc.
- Experience maintaining and operating persistent storage systems like SQL DBs, Zookeeper, etcd, etc.
- Deploying Haskell code, including monitoring, performance testing, etc.