We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer (Cloud) with a minimum of 5+ years of experience based in our Wayne, PA location.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions that meet business and market needs.
- Push cloud and big data technologies to the limits to help better our solutions and services.
- Work with geographically dispersed team members.
- Implement scalable and cost-effective software systems that meet business requirements.
- Develop high quality software using industry standard best practices including unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration
- Detect deviation from project plan and take corrective measures to bring the project on course
- You will also be responsible for, formulate and document the best practices and architectures needed to develop and manage highly resilient data solutions on public and private PaaS platforms.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Enterprise class software development experience is a must
- Working knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation).
- Solid understanding of software development best practices and methodologies.
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience preferably with Java and Node.js.
- Hands-on Experience with distributed data handling and storage technologies like Apache Kafka, Confluent, Apache Flume, Amazon S3, Avro.
- Experience with any of the NoSQL datastores such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra.
- RDBMS and JDBC experience – Oracle/ MYSQL / Postrgres is good to have
- Working knowledge of any of the data visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana, Amazon Quicksight.
- Experience working with Git, Subversion or other SCM tools.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Exeprience with Big data Tools like Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark is nice to have.
- Strong understanding of query languages and tradeoffs between relational and non-relational systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Can lead by example & motivate fellow developers to meet challenging goals.
- Knowledge and applicable experience with agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Working knowledge of Scala or Clojure.
- Experience with Microservice framework and Spring MVC.
- Experience with functional programming
- Experience with container platforms such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with behavior or keyword driven automation testing frameworks such as Cucumber or Robot Framework.
- Good time management skills and structured work methodology.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores such as ElasticSearch, Aerospike, Redis, Cassandra.
- RDBMS and JDBC experience – MYSQL / Postrgres
- Java EE Application Server experience (Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish).
- Experience with build tools like Maven, SBT or Gradle