A data/information architect provides technical leadership and strategic direction for the technologies, standards, processes and architectures for data across the enterprise. You will contribute to the strategy and architecture for managing the enterprise's data. Manage data governance and data quality standard methodologies. Work with business and IT business partners to ensure data architectures address business and IT objectives.
- Lead the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data analysis and business intelligence.
- Craft and maintain current- and target-state data architectures.
- Define and manage standards, guidelines and processes to ensure data quality.
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities.
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers' needs and develop solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs.
- Experience with database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata).
- Experience with data integration techniques, design patterns and business intelligence tools.
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams.
- Experience in data warehousing, data modeling and/or data analysis.
- Good knowledge of data management, data integration and database development techniques.
- Proficiency in data management processes and data management lifecycle.
- High degree of discernment in a specific functional area for relevant data subject areas.
- High degree of learning agility in database technologies, data modeling techniques, and data management practices.
- Curiosity in learning the data components of specific areas of the business.
- Effective ability to communicate data concepts.
You don't need to be Christian to join our team. You do need the passion to guide our members on their Wise With Money Journey, equipping them to live more content, confident and generous lives. Thrivent strives to provide an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, or any status or condition protected by applicable state or federal laws. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.