Leads projects, analyzes and solves complex problems, and recommends solutions in the below areas.
Business Alignment and Thought Leadership:
- Work closely with the business and IT organization to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements
- Develop and implement strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met
- Study data sources by interviewing users, defining, analyzing, and validating data objects, examining data applications, data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods, assessing middleware tools for data integration, transformation, and routing, and identifying the relationship among data objects
- Own, create, and manage the reference architecture associated artifacts, and design principles for the information and middleware layer, ensuring that key data entities are mapped, visualized and understood
- Design and create enterprise information assets, services, infrastructure, and business systems
- Monitor and analyze new market and industry developments for potential applicability to business needs
- Define and drive information lifecycle management efforts to ensure compliance with information policies and practices
- Plan and document data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data
- Integrate data shared across legacy and new environments and implement shared databases
- Develop and modify functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data
- Assist in resolving integration issues, data quality problems collaborating with data analysts, subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards
- Manage data integration specifications, operational procedures, and data connections
- Improve data integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats, improving physical design, and rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures
Master Data Management:
- Lead all aspects of MDM architecture (MDM data model, MDM tools, MDM data integration, master data quality, MDM operations, master data security, etc.)
- Work with business teams to determine which source systems are the best sources of Master Data for the MDM system
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity
- Define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable
- Improve the quality and manage the protection of sensitive data and information assets
- Establish and ensure adherence to enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection
- Serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related work experience OR 10 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of risk data architecture and technology solutions
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail
- Easily adapts to changing circumstances
- Understands business goals and strategic priorities
- Promotes respect and can work effectively with diverse groups and environments
- Experience supporting fast-changing business organizations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.