Our Lead Data Architect (LDA) is a member of the Data Engineering group, responsible for providing technical guidance to team members and working closely with multiple teams to design and build data stores, data flows, ETLs (Extract, Transform, Load) and related data management applications/systems that serve internal users as well as external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering (any) or a related field (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) + 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressively responsible experience in information technology development (would also accept a master’s degree + 3 years of experience).
- Any level of experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Data modeling (Erwin and MySQL Workbench), data architecture, data analysis, data mining, ETL and performance tuning of databases;
- RDBMS and NoSQL databases (Oracle, MySQL and MongoDB);
- Web Services (REST and SOAP);
- Programming languages and frameworks (Java, Spring and Python);
- Distributed version control systems and hosting services (GIT and GitHub);
- Emerging data-related technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Machine Learning, Distributed Databases and Data Replication).
- Develop and document data architecture blueprints, including conceptual, logical and physical data models and data flows.
- Design and implement data integration strategies for a variety of internal and external data feeds through efficient ETLs.
- Design and implement scalable, high-performance data delivery platform that serves data to web and mobile applications, balancing various factors in database design (including ACID and CAP).
- Participate hands-on in development efforts related to data and databases.
- Streamline database development by contributing to implementation of a continual deployment process.
- Perform code walkthroughs/reviews and provide technical guidance to team members in various data initiatives.
- Evaluate different database technologies and propose technical solutions to fulfill data needs of the business.
- Evaluate third-party data products and support new product discovery/development by providing feasibility, effort and cost estimates to product managers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams and support development of consumer-facing, data-driven applications that support the business strategy.