The role is part of the Data Insights & Initiatives team. You will join a team of ambitious and passionate associates, driven by ideas and with a bias towards execution. We look for associates willing to think beyond traditional organizational structures and with a strong desire to experiment, build and learn as well as grow personally and professionally.
As a Lead Data Analyst, you will work on programs and projects from start to end and deliver high-quality data solutions to grow E*TRADE. You will partner with various stakeholders to design and develop data driven insights that inform business and product decisions. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving complex technical problems that enhance E*TRADE's business decision making capabilities. Your technical skills, business acumen, and creativity will be essential as you build tools to automate reporting and generate timely business insights.
- Collect and analyze data to support business partners, working closely with finance, product and operational leaders to understand their analytical needs and deliver rigorous analysis to drive business results.
- Leverage technology and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new approaches.
- Partner with Engineering teams to operationalize / scale data solutions to improve E*TRADE's business intelligence and analytical platforms, such as querying, reporting and analytical tools
- Leverage SQL, Tableau, and other analytic platforms to gather, clean, and prepare data; create dashboards/reports; develop KPIs; analyze trends; provide insights
- Integrate new tools, software, and technology to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and improve working methods and culture within the analytics team
- Bachelor's degree in analytical, quantitative or STEM field
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience in data manipulation using SQL and other scripting languages development (advanced/expert level)
- Familiarity with analytics methods/theory (statistics, ML, etc.) and analytical programs/tools (e.g., SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience building and creating dashboards for business consumption, including synthesizing data in graphical format
- Experience working in high data volume environments
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially ability to manage relationships with executive level stakeholders
- Experience with analytics projects, including modeling, tuning and productionizing solutions
- 3+ years of working with statistical and analytical programs/tools such as SAS, R, Python
- 2+ years of developing solutions using data tools (Hive, Hadoop, etc.)
- 3+ year experience in designing and delivering data warehousing, business intelligence, and reporting solutions
- Ability to thrive in environments with multiple cross functional stakeholders with competing agendas by bringing people together to achieve a common goal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including expectation setting, education, conflict management, prioritization, etc.
- High level of autonomy and initiative
- Experience in Finance or Financial Analysis