The role will grow toapply data analytics /data science to provide insights and business intelligence to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver actionable insights. The ideal candidate should be proficient in technicallanguages and will have a demonstrated track record of successfully working with structured andbig data systems. This role will interface with business stakeholders to solve complex business problems using many available data analysis techniques. Additional Details:
- Analyze and model structured and unstructured data and implement solutions to support analysis
- Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as Big Query including the variety of tools in Hadoop, Vertica, Alteryx and Tableau
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses to build and define solutions to solve business problem uncovering trends and relationships
- Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
- Research new analysis and modeling techniques and evolving technologies
- Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
- Lead & manage data augmentation, clean up and data quality issue resolution.
- Responsible for providing line of sight to data quality and gaps where issues need to be addressed.
- Validate that programs are operating on clean, correct and useful data
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains internal and external data.
- Homogenize the performance of the database and optimize system resources
- Communicate the business value of technical solutions
- Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information
- Optimizes the performance and champions usage of enterprise business intelligence tools, big data solutions, and analytics tool by defining data capture, methods to present and store that add value to the user
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experiencerequired. 4-6 years of experience in data modeling, data warehousing, data entity analysis, logical and relational database design, or an equivalent combination of education and work experiencerequired, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Experience in a SQL intensive role
Common data science libraries (Python or R)
Data visualization tools - D3.js, High Charts, etc
Statistics skills such as: distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.
Hadoop, Vertica, Alteryx and Tableau
Requisition Number: 1705289