Job Title: Lead Cost Accountant - Government Compliance Job Code: IMS20210601-54752 Job Location: Rockwall, TX Job Description:
The segment government compliance department within the Integrated Mission Systems segment of L3Harris is seeking a compliance senior specialist. The IMS segment (5.4B ann.) is a growing and highly dynamic business consisting of diverse business models, robust pipelines, U.S. government and international offerings and complex entity structure across both domestic and international operations. This position is responsible to provide government accounting and compliance support to multiple operating sites and intermediate home office. Provide responses and support to DCMA and DCAA; partner with operating sites providing compliance guidance and recommendations. Essential Functions:
- Interfacing with the DCMA Division ACO, multiple Administrative Contracting Officers and DCAA Branch Manager / Regional Audit Manager (Audit Management).
- Prepare incurred cost claims for supported operating sites and assist with the segment/IHO incurred cost claim, analysis of the respective incurred cost claims and associated questioned cost from DCAA audit reports for those operating sites and/or Intermediate Home Office.
- Reviews, researches, analyzes and resolves issues raised by government auditors and prepares formal written responses to various government agencies.
- Assist in negotiation of final indirect rate agreements (settlements) with respective cognizant government officials (DCMA and DCAA) and support counsel in their review of the final legal documents.
- Defend the propriety of direct costs recorded to government contracts in the organization's accounting records.
- Disclosure statement preparation and revisions including monitoring organizational structure to minimize any potential cost impacts.
- Develop and defend cost impact analysis related to segment (IHO) and/or supported operating sites alleged unilateral accounting changes.
- Provide guidance on FAR / DFAR requirements, cost accounting standards, business system requirements, and other government accounting and compliance topics to all supported organizations.
- Lead efforts/responses for all business system reviews at supported operating sites and coordinate these projects between operating site personnel and government auditors / subject matter experts (DCMA/DCAA).
- Conducts training sessions for IHO and operating site employees and assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to applicable Corporate/operating site policies and practices for guidance. Validates solutions by researching Federal Acquisition Regulations and/or Cost Accounting Standards.
- Develop and maintain a positive and professional rapport with government oversight personnel (DCMA/DCAA).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related analytical discipline and nine (9) years' experience in finance/accounting. Substitution of additional relevant education and experience for stated qualifications may be considered.
- 5+ years' experience with government contract accounting (direct and indirect costs) and compliance with FAR/CAS.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have strong planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed, proactive, and possess good communication skills.
- Work with only a minimal amount of supervision from Segment Compliance management.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and cooperate with colleagues on team projects.
- Technical knowledge of software & systems: SAP ERP, MS Office especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience in complying with FAR / DFAR requirements, government business systems reviews, Cost Accounting Standards and incurred cost claims for operating sites.
- Prior experience with disclosure statements, indirect rates, incurred cost claims, direct contract costs, DCAA audits and responses to DCAA audit reports especially concerning DCAA questioned claimed costs.