(1) Performing as a senior software development engineer focused on designing, engineering, implementing, deploying, and supporting global, state of the art, enterprise grade, big data, industry leading applications and solutions;
(2) Mentoring less experienced development engineering staff and mentoring, coaching, and providing advanced knowledge transfer;
(3) Identifying and monitoring metrics around the code development and deployment process;
(4) Leading code reviews and code optimization initiatives;
(5) Leading build deployments, release documentation, and review and distribution of build notices;
(6) Develops Map/Reduce jobs analyzing sophisticated, and large-scale volume business messaging;
(7) Identifying opportunity for process and performance improvement, with an eye on consistent and proactive ?raising of the bar? on development standards, policies, procedures, methodology, and quality;
(8) Continuously collaborating in the introduction of development and engineering best practices as well as evangelizing on emerging technologies and industry direction to impact the future of technology and strategy selection, implementation, adaptation, and lifecycle management.
MUST have 6+ years STRONG/CURRENT software engineering with 4+ years of STRONG/CURRENT CORE JAVA development in a UNIX or LINUX environment with a STRONG focus on middleware (Tibco, WebSphere MQ, etc.) and back-end development expertise.
MUST have 3+ years of STRONG/CURRENT scripting (Perl, Shell, Python, etc.) experience AND 3+ years of STRONG/CURRENT version control tool experience (Git, Subversion, etc.).
MUST have 2+ years of STRONG/CURRENT Big Dataexperience with Hadoop AND Map/Reduce.