Lead Controls Engineer
Key Elements of the Position
- Lead the development of controls designs and hardware for new and refurbished equipment, including their integration and startup.
- Supervise the corporate controls engineering group.
- Create and maintain standards that define the minimum controls requirements of Metal Forming equipment, including induction heaters.
- Ensure the compliance with applicable national electrical safety standards for new, refurbished and existing Metal Forming equipment.
- Identify and implement advanced machine control, sensor, robotic, and induction heating technologies.
- Project manage suppliers as they design and build Metal Forming equipment control systems and machine integration solutions.
- Define and implement programs to recruit, train, and mentor controls technicians in Metal Forming plants.
- Support Metal Forming plants as needed with critical controls and induction heating issues.
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent degree.
- 7-12 years professional experience.
- Work experience in Controls Engineering with plant floor experience required.
- Work experience in machine controls design, development, component selection, programming, testing, evaluating, implementation, installation and trouble shooting.
- Work experience in Allen Bradley PLC, ControlLogix, Servo Controllers, HMI products and software.
- Work experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, lube and coolant system design and trouble-shooting.
- Working knowledge of NEC, ANSI, and OSHA codes
- Working knowledge of safety requirements involving electrical systems
- Working knowledge of robot programming and debug.
- Strong PC knowledge is required; knowledge of SQL, Basic, C and Visual Basic programming, preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and lead others.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.