The Lead Contract Strategist will facilitate successful data driven marketing contract negotiations with the Financial Services segment’s clients of the highest complexity and revenue. This position is the expert in understanding the data driven marketing contract negotiation space. This position will be responsible for leading a small team of contract negotiators. Responsibilities also include providing contract language and business best practices guidance and/or recommendations to business leadership. This role will expertly leverage influence, analytical and critical thinking skills to benefit the organization through optimization of data driven marketing revenue and risk mitigation. The ideal candidate will have extensive Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and credit bureau experience.
- Expertly draft custom and negotiate contracts (NDAs, MSAs and SOWs) with customers and strategic partners collaborating with legal, finance, tax, IT and other internal business leads to obtain necessary approvals for non-standard contract provisions to maintain adherence to company policies.
- Provide timely, strategic advice to sales and data driven marketing solution area to provide best in class service and enable the business to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Understand and communicate risks to business and other key stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing and directing the activities of multiple direct reports; create a committed and engaged workforce by motivating, recognizing and communicating to employees regularly.
- Conduct regular 1:1s with direct reports; act as teacher for directs and peers; actively share experiences, best practices, helpful hints.
- Backs-up and supports other members of the Contract Strategy team as needed.
- Provide merger and acquisition due diligence and integration support.
- On an ongoing basis, suggest appropriate revisions to Deluxe standard contract forms and contract management processes.
- 7 or more years of data driven marketing contract negotiation
- Expert contract drafter, negotiator and manager
- Organized, attention to detail
- Expert understanding of business-to-business relationships and contract process
- Data driven marketing and credit (FCRA) industry experience, including working with Credit Reporting Agencies, business acumen with Financial Services
- Consumer protection, privacy and prior experience with regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated people leadership experience – either directly or indirectly
- Interpersonal savvy, dealing with ambiguity, problem solving, action oriented, written communications, listening, time management, composure, creativity, learning on the fly
- Strong commitment to enhancing leadership competencies, understanding and embracing Deluxe’s corporate culture, and a willingness to come up with creative solutions when needed
Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Req ID#: 11860BR