In this role, candidate will be programming, supporting applications, offering technical consulting, solving a variety of problems, testing/debugging software, and serving as Mainframe Lead Developer
- Develop IBM Mainframe applications using JCL, COBOL, CICS, DB2 and SQL etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with one or more Mainframe Modernization tools
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with one or more non-Mainframe languages
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle including design, development, integration, testing, implementation and support activities.
- Coding, testing and implementation
- Support QA/ UAT and regression testing
- Plan and Co-ordinate Software System Releases
- Provide information technology analysis, recommendations, and consultations
- Review and validate functionality documentation
- Design and develop test plans, test scripts, test estimation, test case review, and documentation
- Perform software system testing, integration testing, unit testing
- Work as a technical expert in design, development, testing, and debugging new system modules or enhancements
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating problem definition, requirements, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate changes by creating documentation, flowcharts, layouts, and pseudo codes
- Provide guidance and support to junior members of team.
- Actively engage with clients to understand and analyze requirements.
- Perform review activities for deliverables.
- Good understanding of tools like Changeman, File Manager, SPUFI etc.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Provide support.
Qualifications we seek in you!
- BE/B Tech/ MCA
- Min. 6-8 years of work experience
Have good exposure in different mainframe skills with solid skills in DB2, COBOL, JCL and CICS.
Additional experience in UNIX, LINUX, Scripting, schedulers and DB troubleshooting skills
Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to co-ordinate and network with multiple partners to successfully deliver critical applications / solutions.
Proficiency working in all phases of software development process (SDLC)