Are you the one we are looking for?
Inviting applications for the role of Lead Consultant – DB Developer - SQL Server
In this role, you will be responsible to maintain and own database in all environments, modify databases according to requests and perform tests, research and suggest new database products, services and protocols and collaborate with other database teams and owners of different applications.
Additionally, will be responsible for design, code & maintain databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance and ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements.
- To contribute on the development of its core infrastructure components on Sybase and DB2 database plants (several hundred databases).
- The successful candidate must be passionate about data, have a strong interest and experience in RDBMS technologies, including enterprise-scale, real time, highly accessed transactional databases and replication systems.
- This position offers an opportunity to participate in lively discussion on technical and business issues, meaning that strong communication skills and willingness to express their own views as well as listen to others is vital.
- The tasks will include performance optimization, testing, database engineering, platform migration, version upgrades, development and distribution on cloud platforms. The person joining the team must be able to operate in a fast-paced Agile environment where time to market is a key requirement without compromising on the quality and resiliency of the application.
- Will be responsible for design, code & maintain databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols.
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with other database teams and owners of different applications.
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Maintain and own database in all environments.
Qualifications we seek in you!
- At least 3 years of relevant experience - Knowledge (intermediate level) of development and performance optimization on major RDBMS technologies - Scripting knowledge (python or Perl)
- Basic knowledge of unix/linux operating systems - Excellent communication skills.
- Nice to have Data modeling concepts. - Version control, preferably with GIT.
- Knowledge of ETL products such as Informatica. - Replication - Agile practices
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Good in Oracle performance tuning, using Oracle 12c
- Experienced in Unix shell scripting
- Have an exposure to Big Data framework (HDFS) along with an exposure to Informatica ETL
- Exposure to SDLC tools, such as: JIRA, Confluence, SVN, TeamCity, Jenkins, Nolio, and Crucible.
- Experience on DevOps, CI/CD, and Agile methodology.
- Possess general knowledge of Credit and Market Risk Management in Investment Banking
- Possess experience of application development & database performance tuning experience, preferably in a large corporation with a demonstrated ability to navigate large, complex organizations to get work done.
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Strong proficiency with Sqlserver and its variation among popular databases; Design stable, reliable and effective database
- Able to quickly understand an existing landscape of huge database with large numbers of stored procedures, triggers, jobs and multiple upstream / downstream data flows with different applications.
- Skilled at writing, editing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of standard methodologies when dealing with relational databases
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge on Control-M Job configuration and scheduling; File transfer mechanisms
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as SVN; merging and creating production scripts
- Sqlserver DB coding, DB scheduling tools, File transfer mechanisms, DB Devops
- Excellent inter-personnel skills and experience working with Client/Vendor model.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed teams.
- Integrity & ownership, good team player, high degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
- Great teammate and have the ability to multi-task as well as are tolerant to change