The Lead Commissioning Agent will provide commissioning, retro-commissioning and energy related services for complex buildings and systems.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Clients, Consultants and other agencies of the project team.
- Develop and refine methodologies, tools, and standards in support of an evolving commissioning practice.
- Serve as, subject matter expert, and client coordinator for multi-discipline commissioning projects.
- Attend Commissioning meetings and communicate professionally with clients and senior project leaders.
- Provide direction and oversight of project team members.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans, testing and reporting. Conduct on-site investigation and inspection of multi-discipline projects.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes. Remain current with industry trends and best practices.
- Identify target clients and cultivate effective relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers and contractors to develop business.
- Contribute to business development strategy, proposal development, customer interviews, and contract negotiation.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant job experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Obtained or in pursuit of a NYS PE license.
- Commissioning certification(s) from industry organizations (CEM, CBCP, BCxP, BEAP, etc.)
- LEED AP BD+C certification is a plus
- Demonstrated success in Commissioning and Project Management.
- Strong leadership and planning skills
- Demonstrated team relationship building abilities
- Strong project management skills including the ability to schedule, estimate and write contracts
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity NYC Local Laws related to energy and climate
- Mechanical or electrical design experience in HVAC and controls. Functional working knowledge and problem solving ability for M/E/P/FP, and building automation systems.
- Perform work in field environments including elevated areas, confined spaces, outdoors, mechanical rooms, etc. Perform physical activities as required to complete on site commissioning activities.
- Able to travel for assignments to project locations. Occasionally perform Cx activities outside normal business hours as construction schedules or tasks require.