Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Lead Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer works closely with the ETS management team and other Global Business Solutions & Technology (GBS&T) teams to architect Cloud based solutions that improve systems availability and minimize operating costs. The Lead Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer will utilize their automation and cloud integration skills to integrate and automate applications in Amazon AWS, and our private Cloud. They will provide technical leadership and application expertise to ensure a reliable and efficient application deployment process into private and public cloud platforms. Additionally, the position leads the development and employment of capacity planning, monitoring and cost optimization techniques to ensure end to end cost transparency.
- Implements application deployment methods that are optimized for the cloud and which enable an elastic and resilient application environment. This will involve the use of application and infrastructure version control, configuration management, and automatic deployment of the entire application stack.
- Develops and maintains standards for Cloud Operations and infrastructure Deployment. Provides infrastructure versioned templates that meet these standards and are accessible to product teams for application automated deployment.
- Uses diverse technologies such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ansible etc. to build automated cloud infrastructure.
- Develops and consults on new architectures and optimizes those that already exist. Performs research and analysis on emerging systems technologies and determines how to integrate the new technology into a cloud based environment.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other Cloud platforms.
- Generates and utilizes Business Intelligence reports in various tools for proactive analysis of cloud utilization, capacity management, and securityreporting.
- Creates and maintains automation for frequent updates to Operating System machine images (AMIs) for secure, automated Cloud based deployment to AWS, and on premise Clouds.
- Minimum requirement of 4+ years of relevant technologyexperience
- 2+ years of experience building and supporting solutions on Amazon AWS
- Proficiency with Infrastructure as Code using tools like AWS CloudFormation templates
- Proficiency in using AWS EC2, Lambda, Elastic Load Balancer
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting Python based applications
- Proficiency with using source code repositories (SVN, Git)
- Expertise in writing queries and administration scripts in languages like Python, TSQL, Bash
- Extensive systems implementation and administration experience for Linux and Windows
- Proven ability to be strategic, creative, and interested in leveraging technology to solve business problems
- Effectively develops and communicates a business/technology approach to solve business needs
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead small to medium scope projects as a technical lead
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other team members within their teams
- Ability to effectively consult and interact with Business Project Team members
- Extensive business operating knowledge
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Financial industry experience
- College degree in computer science, business administration, or related technical field with 7+ years of systems support work experience
- Experience deploying and managing DNS, DHCP solutions
- Experience with Hashicorp suite of tools for Cloud Management - Terraform, Vault, Packer, Vagrant
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) for deploying application/infrastructure – Git, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.
- Supervisory and project managementexperiencepreferredHands-on experience in building modern web applications with open source Java Script Frameworks (Angular, React, Node)
- Proficiency with container technologies and management platforms (Docker, Elastic Container Service)
- Proficiency in AWS Identity and Access Management and SAML integrations with Active Directory
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer