OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANYSee More
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
This position is responsible for managing tens highly available database clusters across geographically different datacenters. Ensure availability, scalability and uptime requirements of database services are clearly understood and addressed. Evaluate progress and results of development efforts. Preserve the integrity and design of the databases to support mission-critical databases necessary for business operations. Under minimal supervision, produce deliverables in alignment with overall Transformation program demonstrating mastery skills in area of sub specialization.
You are Great AT:
• Provide proactive knowledge and acting as an escalation point for Engineering, Service Support, and Service Delivery.
• Resolve issues & incidents within SLA.
• Proactively work with vendors & providers on issues identified in products and chase issues until successful resolution.
• Independently implement approved medium and large scale projects that align towards service and departmental goals.
• Lead, coordinate, and manage all aspects of database implementation.
• Own technology solution within respective area of sub expertise including overall design, key decisions, and relations with business owners.
• Liaise with company's database suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
• Provide guidance and support to the enterprise; act as single point of contact for DBA related issues.
• Coordinate with systems admin, network engineering and other teams towards availability, reliability, and scalability of database environments
What It Takes:
• BE in CS/EE with minimum 8 years of experience as hands on an Oracle DBA.
• Excellent understanding of Oracle technologies and related product / technologies used in replication such as Dataguard and Golden Gate.
• OCP certification is plus.
• Must have worked in services with 99.995% or more uptime/SLA.
• Worked in services requiring 10 minutes of Response Time to Incidents including experience in carrying on-call rotation.
• Experience in implementing local recovery and disaster recovery.
• Must have worked on databases systems with more than 10TB Oracle RAC.
• Working experience with Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c RAC with Active-Active setup.
• Oracle Grid Control implementation and data collection.
• Hands on experience with Golden Gate, Data Guard and troubleshooting.
• Experience in setting monitoring including Enterprise Grid Control.
• Must have working experience with scripting and automation.
• Good understanding of Linux OS.
• Experience in setting monitoring of databases and related technologies.
• Knowledge of MSSQL, Postgress, and MySql database is plus.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and compliances such as PCI, SAS70.
While OpenText is an Equal Opportunity Employer, our efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. Should you require accommodations during the selection process, please contact email@example.com .
Additionally, OpenText, as a proud US Federal Government contractor, is subjectto Executive Order 14042 requiring all US employees (in office or virtual) be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022. New employees joining OpenText will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to joining or be approved for a medical or religious exemptions. If you believe you qualify for an exemption you can request the exemption form at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Valid through: 1/29/2022