As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Lead Cloud Architect will play an essential role in a major transformation effort being undertaken by MGM Resorts International. This person will provide leadership and guidance on cloud systems and infrastructurearchitecture, design and implementation. Working with other domain architects and business partners, this individual will architect and design systems based on specific project needs that are secure, highly available and scalable. The ability to work at the enterprise level as well as deeply within a specific technical domain is critical to the success of this role.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Design, develop and implement enterprise level cloud based solutions.
- Provide technical evaluation and consulting support for enterprise projects.
- Evaluate emerging cloud and infrastructuretechnologies.
- Design secure, robust and scalable cloud based systems.
- Analyze system requirements by interacting with IT and business stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to ensure solutions support current and long term business needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with vendors and stakeholders.
- Develop and document operational best practices and standards.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Six (6) years in roles designing and implementing enterprise-level server/storage systems, working with virtual technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen), Windows server design and administration, Windows Active Directory design and administration
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and execution
- Experience with Linux based systems and architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge on the components of IT NetworkArchitecture
- Hands on experience with different Virtualization Platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen)
- Cloud Platform experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Cloud Management and Governance experience
- Experience building on premise, off-premise and hybrid infrastructure solutions
- Experience with different Application Program Interfaces to Azure, AWS, and Google cloud platforms
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, Node.js, Bash Scripting, Perl and other tools used in Cloud environments
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Must be knowledgeable of 24x7 operations
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Working knowledge or experience with various compliance bodies such as PCI, SOX, MICS preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Nevada Gaming License will be required
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (education)
- (Computer skills/programs)
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s degree
- Previous experience in a hospitality and/or gaming industry