Eaton Corporation’sIndustrial Controls Division (ICD) has an opening for a Lead Certification Engineer, located in Menomonee Falls, WI. This position will reside in the divisional headquarters building, which housesengineering for multipleproduct lines as well asmarketing,sales,finance, and R&D. The facility was built in2012 and boasts an open office layout surrounded by largewindows, as well as50,000+ square feet of onsite state-of-the-art laboratory space, a basketball court, ping-pong, employee lounge, and grill & patio. Additionally, Eaton encourages employee development and health through tuition reimbursement and fitness club reimbursement. With eight Eaton facilities and more than1600 employees located in Southeastern Wisconsin, Eaton’s local footprint enables our employees with state of the art laboratories and access to manufacturing, all while providing ample opportunities for development and career growth within region. The candidate will obtain and maintain global agency certifications (UL, CSA, IEC, EN, CCC, etc.) forIndustrial Control Divisionproduct lines. Primaryproduct lines include open and enclosed Electromechanical and Solid-state Motor Controllers, Drives, Overload Relays, Sensors, and Logic products in both open component and enclosed assembly configurations for the division’s next generation of industry leading products. They will also perform functions as necessary tosupport all product development and maintenance activities. The candidatewill work withother team members driving new product and process development while leveraging state of the art tool. Essential Functions:
- Lead assigned global New Product Development and Product Line Support projects on certification activities including initiation, coordination, planning and implementation to achieve planned results on cost and timing.
- Provide direction to associates on certification standards, agencies, costs, testing, etc.
- Establish certification specifications for assigned global projects and communicate with Marketing and customers as needed to meet their specifications.
- Plan, execute, and supervise product testing to ensure the products meet all the required specifications and agency approvals
- Provide guidance to design personnel on selection of components and materials that meet certification agency standards.
- Organize multiple projects to meet all objectives without undue delays.
- Negotiate effective test and certification plans with appropriate certification agencies.
- Coordinate certification and related test activities of technical personnel, test labs, and certification agency witnesses assigned to the project globally.
- Communicate project status to Marketing, Development and Management personnel.
- Provide technical support to resolve manufacturing concerns, variations and evaluate cost reduction proposals.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all appropriate agency performance global standards (UL, CSA, IEC, NEMA, etc.) pertaining to ICD products.
- Investigate and evaluate competitive product certifications as requested
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing and Technical Support personnel on product certifications and ratings for ICD products.
- Bachelordegree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5years of experience with an emphasis in electrical product testing and/or agency certification.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Comprehension of global product certification requirements.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects through completion.
- Adept at negotiating and mediating to create effective certification programs.
- Understanding of engineering product development and product certification processes.
- Ability to travel to external labs to conduct certification testing.
- Adept at negotiating and mediating with witnesses and lab personnel during test programs to obtain favorable results.
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining Agency certification for an electricalindustrial control product.
- Bachelordegree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Expertise and experience in testing electrical products and using safe electrical work processes at industrialvoltage levels.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 047508