As a HADOOP Administrator you will Support, Administer, Manage, and Tune the sub-Terra byte Data Systems that will enable S&P Global Market Intelligence to ingest, manage, process and serve-up Market Data Products (Global Risk Solutions, Pricing, Ratings & Financial Aggregates) as well as our highly transactional and dynamic web based CIQ Platform & Credit Solutions Portal.
The Scope & Impact:
Our Platform products rely on data to allow our customers to find the companies, securities and markets they are passionate about, to explore the relationships between entities, and to search using public identifiers (CUSIPs, ISINs, SEDOLs, Tickers, etc). This critical backend driven data allow our users to value their portfolios, monitor market moving events, understand their risk and maintain their back office systems.
The Career Opportunity:
This is the place to hone your existing HDFS and leadership skills while having the chance to become exposed to divergent technologies (Oracle in RAC environments, Golden Gate Replication, Exadata, Dataguard, ZDS Appliances, WebLogic, Sonic JMS, MySQL, Informatica, MS SQL Server Product Family, NoSQL, SOLR, Vertica, Cassandra, active-active Databases, and petabyte storage levels).
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of a premier Global Operations and Reliability team supporting various product offerings powered by various middle tier, database and OS technologies used by tens of thousands of users globally. Do you love ensuring Greater Reliability, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability? You will work every single day with a team of intelligent and visionary professionals recruited from top industries.
- Good hands on experience in Linux Environments
- Extensive Experience with HDFS (Hortonworks is preferred) and its assocaited technologies like Spark, HIVE, Yarn, Kafka is a requirement.
- Experience with additional open Source Software like SOLR, Cassandra, Vertica and PostgreSQL is a huge Plus
- Good experience with Operations Support, administration, performance tuning, and database monitoring.
- Good knowledge on Shell Programming, Python, PerlScripting, JSON or any otherscripting or program language.
- Superb communication skills, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Ability to tackle problems involving Client Libraries (like JDBC), Web Logic, Operating Systems, Network and Storage is a plus.
Additional Note / Our Hiring Manager says:
We are looking for the kind of person who is not only a roll up the sleeves dedicated database technologist, but also a passionate database team member who can lead by example and motivate their peers to excel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on database administration, support and performance tuning experience
- Experience in a start-up or Agile or Dev Ops environment is a plus.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified is a plus