The successful candidate will work effectively with Business Development as well as program, technical and functional entities to lead capture teams in the pursuit, shaping, bidding and winning of new business opportunities. This position will support all lines of business within the Defense Electronic Systems division.
- Lead strategic capture efforts
- Participate in the formulation of business strategies and planning
- Perform market analysis, identify opportunities, and monitor competitor activity for each capture
- Develop and execute capture plans and gate reviews
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Manage proposal efforts of various levels of complexity, coordinate and generate proposal content
- Evaluate potential teammates to ensure complete coverage of all opportunity requirements. Coordinate teaming activities and decisions
- Review and evaluate RFP requirements to support Bid/No-Bid decisions
- Cultivate, develop, and institute best Competitive Intelligence (CI)/Price to Win (PTW) practices across division.
- Source, analyze, and synthesize data and intelligence into actionable information
- Understand customer instructions, evaluation criteria, competitive landscape, L3Harris technology discriminators.
- Translate technical understanding of products and technology for purposes of customer communication and engagement.
- Communicate within and outside of the organization, to include with customers and vendors. Communicate and conduct briefings with leadership.
- Bachelor Degree with 9 years of related experience in DoD, defense, aerospace or government, or Graduate degree with 7 years of related experience in DoD, defense, aerospace or government.
- 3-5 years of experience leading successful capture and proposal efforts within DoD and/or associated prime contractors. Experience should include formal capture management training/certifications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and proposal generation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Other Transaction Authority (OTA) contracting
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Disciplined, self-starting professional
- Demonstrated success leading capture teams
- Engineering background in DES technology areas
- Experience leading and working with remote teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, proposal and color team leadership and price-to win analysis.
- Flexibility to travel.